Not the futuristic dystopia after all
Since the last season ended, people have speculated and followed what looked like clues about American Horror Story Season 8. And most of us had accepted that it would be set in a dystopian future. But we should have known better.
This season, season 8, is going to be the crossover the fans were waiting for. Murder House & Coven. Angry ghosts & Witches? I cannot for the life of me remember why this seemed like a good idea. Why I agreed that it could work. I think I’m going to have to go back and watch both series again – notebook in hand perhaps. But don’t worry, there’ll be a recap of both series in just a moment. But first…
Here’s what we know about American Horror Story Season 8 so far:
The Coven/Murder House AHS crossover season won’t be happening next year…because it’s happening THIS YEAR. AHS #8 WITCHES RULE THIS SEPTEMBER
— Ryan Murphy (@MrRPMurphy) June 14, 2018
- Sarah Paulson – Billie Dean Howard in Murder House (and Hotel) and Cordelia Foxx in Coven
- Kathy Bates – Madame Delphine LaLaurie in Coven
- Evan Peters – Tate Langdon in Murder House and Kyle Spencer in Coven. He will apparently be playing a hairstylist and grandson to Collins in season 8.
- There will be characters from both series in season 8
- Cheyenne Jackson – roles: Will Drake (Hotel), Dr. Rudy Vincent (Cult), Sidney James (Roanoke)
- Billy Eichner – roles: Harrison Wilton (Cult), Tex Watson (Cult Ep10)
- Adina Porter – roles: Beverly Hope (Cult), Lee Harris (Roanoke), Sally Freeman (Murder House)
- Leslie Grossman – roles: Meadow Wilton (Cult), Patricia Krenwinkel (Cult ep10)
- and newcomer to the series Joan Collins
- Murphy is reportedly in talks with Angelica Houston
- It will be more fantasy based and less real and grounded than the previous season
- Set 18 months after Cult (about October 2019)
- Filming is set to begin this month so keep an eye out for those sneaky photos that always start circling – the ones that lead us down the wrong path
- American Horror Story Season 8 returns to FX in September
Murder House Recap
When a family move to LA and buy a house that seems too good to be true – they think they’ve found the place to put their troubles behind them. But the house is a place of trouble. Between the day it was built by Dr. Charles Montgomery to 2011 it drew tortured souls to it and watched them die horrible deaths. And the ghosts have no intention of moving on.
Witches and Witchcraft in New Orleans. Teenagers learning how to use their gifts and working towards becoming the next supreme whilst the older witches, and the current supreme, battle it out the Voodoo witches of the area over a long-held grudge. Everyone is after something and they all have something to hide, even the butler Spalding.
Horror and Fantasy Author – Also writing as K.T. McQueen. Love Western Horror, cowboy boots, my cactus Collin, & my Demon Cat.
Moths – I hate moths, the way they flutter at your face!