As per usual my birthday month has been awesome! So many new shows starting (American Horror Story: Cult anyone?), movies arriving (like The Bad Batch on Netflix), and Halloween stuff making an early arrival in the shops – it’s even better than Christmas!
There’s a been a decent amount of stuff to watch. And it’s not over yet, because October is stuffed full of new shows and new seasons.
TV Land: Star Trek, American Horror Story, Strike
And that’s only the beginning, we’ve also had new seasons we’ve been aching for and new shows to shock.
- Star Trek: Discovery – Netflix, new episodes on Mondays
- American Horror Story: Cult – Fox, Fridays
- Strike – Seasons 1 & 2 now available on iPlayer
- Gotham Season 3 – Netflix (final -frikkin-ly) 1st
- Tin Star -Sky Atlantic 7th
- Fear the Walking Dead season 3b – AMC Global 11th
- The Good Place – Netflix Sept 21st
American Horror Story: Cult
Whilst a lot of people are raving about how great this season is and how it links two other seasons, I just don’t see it. This season feels like a show made entirely for the American public. It’s more crazy than scary in my opinion, and I’m finding it rather slow and boring. But I’ll keep watching in the mad hope that it turns good. It’s not creepy, I’m not scared of clowns or little holes in things, and we’re pretty much watching Sarah Paulson be afraid of stuff. Not to mention the gentle (and yes, I mean gentle) manipulations from the baby sitter.
The new series from J.K. Rowling (and not a horror) is definitely worth a watch. I wasn’t expecting to enjoy it as much as I did given some of the reviews about it. But I definitely feel this series could afford to go a little darker. First two series available on demand and they’re working on the 3rd one now.
- The Limehouse Golem – September 1
- Eat Locals – September 1
- IT – September 8 (as if you hadn’t noticed)
- The Vault – September 8
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind – September 15
- American Assassin – September 14th
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle – September 20
- Flatliners – September 29
Upcoming for October:
This is the interesting one right? What have we got in store for the scariest month of the year?
Movies for October:
- Blade Runner 2049 – Oct 5th
- The Mountain Between Us – Oct 6th
- Hellraiser: 30th Anniversary – Oct 13th
- The Ritual – Oct 13th
- The Snowman – Oct 13th
- Geostorm – Oct 20th
- Happy Death Day – Oct 20th
- Thor: Ragnarok – Oct 24th
- Jigsaw – Oct 26th
Also in the UK on TV for September:
- The Punisher – Netflix, no exact date yet
- Marvel’s Inhumans – Sky 1, no exact date yet
- Lucifer Season 3 – Amazon Prime, 3rd Oct
- The Gifted – Fox, 8th Oct
- Once Upon a Time Season 7 – Netflix, 10th Oct
- The Exorcist Season 2 – Fox, 11th Oct
- Riverdale Season 2 – Netflix, 12th Oct
- Red Dwarf Season 12 – Dave, 12th Oct
- Mindhunter – Netflix, 13th Oct
- Lore – Amazon Prime, 13th Oct
- The Walking Dead Season 8 – Fox, 23rd Oct
- Stranger Things Season 2 – Netflix, 27th Oct
And one or two pieces of news
IT pretty much broke the box office and it’s only part one! With reviews falling on both sides, this is a movie you have to watch for yourself.
A Stranger Things themed bar was shut down in the most epic way – I’ve seen this letter on both my horror news feeds and in Facebook business related groups.
We’ve got a release date for John Wick Chapter 3 – May 17 2019. I’ve read that Keanu would be on board with Tilda Swinton joining the cast – I think she’d make one hell of a rival assassin, don’t you?
After months of being put on hold Amityville: The Awakening is finally being released. In time for Halloween, on Google Play on October 12th -for free and for a limited time. With a small theatrical release in the US from the 28th October.