Quentin Tarantino’s 9th Film
IMDb is currently showing that filming has begun and the cast is being assembled. Familiar faces from Tarantino movies as well as new faces (although still pretty familiar) are being brought on board for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
Set in 1969 Los Angeles, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is said to be about a washed-up TV actor and his stunt double who are trying to make a name for themselves in a film industry they don’t recognise anymore. As for the promised Charles Manson connection, these guys live next door to Sharon Tate. And the Manson murders will serve as a backdrop to the story.
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood – starring:
Damon Herriman as Charles Manson. You may know him from Justified, Flesh and Bone, Scorpion, or Secret City.
Leonardo Decaprio (Django Unchained) is set to play Rick Dalton, a washed-up western TV star who wants to make his name in the movies. Brad Pitt (Inglourious Basterds) will be playing Cliff Booth, Dalton’s stunt double.
There have been rumours that Margot Robbie will also be in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Possibly as Sharon Tate, although this is not yet confirmed [Confrimed as of March 18th, 2018].
Michael Madson, who has been in many of Tarantino’s movies, when asked, said that Tarantino had spoken to him about a role in the movie but he wasn’t spilling who or what that role would be. His Hateful Eight co-stars, Tim Roth and Kurt Russell, are also confirmed to play small roles in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.
Although BURT REYNOLDS was on board for Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, he sadly passed away before filming his part. Well known for Smokey and the Bandit, Boogie Nights, and B.L. Stryker (which I loved). More recent appearances included Burn Notice (another of my favs), The X-Files, The Dukes of Hazard, Hitting the Breaks, and The Last Movie Star to name but a few. Reported by a family member to be looking forward to working on the movie with Tarantino, Reynolds passed away on September 6th, 2018, aged 82. He will be missed.
- Timothy Olyphant (Santa Clarita Diet, Justified)
- Damian Lewis (Homeland, Billions)
- Luke Perry (Riverdale, Body of Proof)
- Emile Hirsch (Milk, Speed Racer)
- Dakota Fanning (Ocean’s 8, The Alienist)
- Clifton Collins Jr (Star Trek, Westworld)
- Keith Jefferson (Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight)
- Zoe Bell (The Hateful Eight, Unspoken: Diary of an Assassin)
- Nicholas Hammond (Stealth, Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles)
- Rumer Willis (Empire, Hostage)
- Dreama Walker (Gran Torino, Brockmire)
- Margaret Qualley (The Nice Guys, The Leftovers)
- Costa Ronin (The Americans, Agent Carter)
- Victoria Pedretti (The Haunting of Hill House, Uncovering Eden)
MadisenBeaty (The Magicians, The Fosters)
- Lorenza Izzo (Knock Knock, The House with a Clock in its Walls)
And Al Pacino! Who will be playing Marvin
Not forgetting Quentin Tarantino himself, who has a role in all of his movies. (The Narrator in The Hateful Eight – wouldn’t it be fab if he made a few western audiobooks when he’s done with his films?)
Tidbits of News
Tarantino broke off ties with the Weinstein company and the news about the movie got thin on the ground. But with Sony Pictures on board, we’re getting tidbits of information again. So watch this page and I’ll update when more info arrises.
Two other Quentin Tarantino projects that have been announced are an Untitled Star Trek movie, which Mark L. Smith will write, and Kill Bill: Vol 3. As the films considered part of his ten movies are both written and directed by Tarantino I don’t think the Star Trek movie will be his final movie.
- Reservoir Dogs -’92
- Pulp Fiction – ’94
- Jackie Brown – ’97
- Kill Bill: Volume 1 – ’03 & Kill Bill: Volume 2 – ’04
- Death Proof – ’07
- Inglourious Basterds – ’09
- Django Unchained – ’12
- The Hateful Eight – ’15
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood – ’19
With a limited U.S. release date set for July 26th, 2019, for once,
Horror and Fantasy Author – Also writing as K.T. McQueen. Love Western Horror, cowboy boots, my cactus Collin, & my Demon Cat.
Moths – I hate moths, the way they flutter at your face!