In October there is a promise of spooks galore. I’ve already seen Christmas stuff in the stores but IT’S HALLOWEEN, PEOPLE,
And of course, we need 31 days of spooky shows to curl up with as the evenings draw in. So, here’s your spooky calendar for Netflix (and don’t forget there’s already tons of movies and shows on there already to fill in the gaps).
- On the first day of Halloween my true love gave to me: I Spit On Your Grave (and A Witches’ Ball for the little ones)
- On the second day of Halloween my true love gave to me: RED 2 – okay, not very Halloweeny but it’s fun and action-packed.
- On the third…okay I’ll stop: Operation Finale
- 4th: Nothing on the fourth, might want to watch Hold the Dark if you haven’t already.
- 5th: Malevolent, Priest, Red Dragon, and Super Monsters Save Halloween for the little kids
- 6th: There’s nothing new reported that I can find so perhaps The Lodgers or rewatch The Shining?
- 7th: The Girl on the Train
- 8th: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
- 9th: The Twilight Saga (In case you wanted a trip down memory lane) and the western, Hickok
- 10th: 22 July – a thriller based on true events
- 11th: Riverdale Season 3, and Saw: The Final Chapter
- 12th: Apostle, The Haunting of Hill House, and
Errementari: The Blacksmith and the Devil
- 13th: Nocturnal Animals
- 14th: May I suggest Superstition this evening?
- 15th: The Goonies – one for all the family, and Contagion
- 16th: Black Lightning season2, and Looking Glass
- 17th: No horror for the 17th, there is American Pie Presents: Beta House but otherwise may I recommend, for the distinguished reader, Bone Tomahawk
- 18th: The Last Days on Mars
- 19th: Daredevil Season 3, Haunted, Making A Murderer Part 2, Derren Brown:
Sacrifice,and The Night Comes for Us.
- The 20th – 24th have nothing of note so I would recommend: Tau, Dark Tourist, Jigsaw, and The Limehouse Golem
- 25th: Den of Thieves – a heist thriller
- 26th: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (were you waiting to see anything else?), and Castlevania season 2
- 27th: Girl from Nowhere
- 28th: Nothing new, so why not watch Mama which is currently on Netflix
- 29th: A Walk Among the Tombstones – a mystery thriller with Liam Neeson
- 30th: Nothing with any particular Halloween feels – how about Triangle?
- 31st: Gun City
Halloween Watch List
There’s plenty on Netflix (you can join free for a month) during Halloween season and plenty of nights free to go out and join a cult or watch an old favourite. I know a lot of people are creating an October watch list to lead up to Halloween and if you’re still trying to think of movies to add why not select a few from Netflix’s October offerings? Happy Haunting 🙂
Horror and Fantasy Author – Also writing as K.T. McQueen. Love Western Horror, cowboy boots, my cactus Collin, & my Demon Cat.
Moths – I hate moths, the way they flutter at your face!