Just past the halfway mark of July, schools are out and kids need entertaining -so find them something to do and curl up on the couch. Here’s what’s coming to Netflix until the end of August. The good stuff, not all the stuff. There are obviously other shows, particularly ones the kids themselves might enjoy but if you don’t tell them about them you get to keep Netflix to yourselves.
August -Coming to Netflix
- Clash of the Titans (the Liam Neeson one -2010) -1st
- Darna Mana Hai -an Indian horror/thriller for those watching what’s coming out of other countries -1st
- Season 11 of Heartland -okay, this is for the horsey loving peeps and not a bad family watch if you have horse-loving kids. -1st
- Jupiter Ascending (The Sci-fi with Channing Tatum) -1st
- MI-5 (The Spooks movie with Kit Harrington) -1st
- In the Shadow of the Moon (Netflix Original) -9th
- Mindhunter Season 2 (Woohoo!) -16th
- American Factory (The first documentary from The Obamas) -21st
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (can’t frikkin wait!) -30th
July -Still to come
- Money Heist Part 3 -today
- Typewriter (spooky movie set in India) -19th
- Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (season 6 -if you haven’t watched it yet, it’s a fun little interview show involving comedians and cars and coffee.) -19th
- Inglorious Basterds -22nd
- The Great Hack (If you’re wondering why you’re getting adverts for that thing you only thought about ten minutes ago but never mentioned out loud) -24th
- Another Life (series – an interstellar mission to find the home planet of a mysterious artefact found on earth) -25th
- The Red Sea Diving Resort (Netflix Original) – 31st
And, of course, there are tons of shows and movies to keep them entertained on the days when you just can’t face another crowded theme park, zoo, pool, family gathering, summer fete, kids party, shopping trip (so glad I don’t have to do the school uniform trips anymore, my sympathies to those who do), and surprise DIY days because something got broken -again.
Chuck Netflix on the iPad and sit out in the garden -away from them all 😉 And don’t forget the sunscreen, it’s gonna be a hot one.
And if you haven’t got Netflix yet (this is not an affiliate link, don’t think they even do them anymore) you can get a month free here.
Horror and Fantasy Author – Also writing as K.T. McQueen. Love Western Horror, cowboy boots, my cactus Collin, & my Demon Cat.
Moths – I hate moths, the way they flutter at your face!