Well, Christmas has been and is just about gone -with only a few days left of this month. I don’t know about you but I can only manage one or two more mince pies before I will probably burst. December also brought us plenty to watch, such as Bright, the new season of Black Mirror, and Mindhunter: Unabomber. Not to mention regular TV’s contributions with the Christmas Dr Who Special and The Miniaturist.
And yet somehow, I got rather engrossed in the Criminal Minds box-sets on Amazon Prime. It isn’t a show I watched often on TV so finding it one cold winters evening I began to binge (thinking there were only a couple of seasons available). I discovered it after running out of Jean Claude Van Johnson – so good.
I’ve probably missed a few things so if you watched something good over the month, that isn’t mentioned in this post, feel free to add it in the comments (and I’ll add it to my list of things I need to catch up on).
TV Land: John-Claude Van Johnson, Black Mirror, Dark
A mixture of humour and darker shows are seeing us through December 2017. I’m enjoying The Orville, couldn’t quite get into Dark, and I am looking forward to watching Black Mirror later today.
- Black Mirror Season 4 – Netflix 29th
- Dark Season 1 – Netflix 1st Dec
- Manhunt: Unabomber Season 1 – Netflix 12th Dec
- The Orville Season 1 – Fox 14th Dec
- Jean-Claude Van Johnson – Amazon Prime 15th Dec
- Trollhunters Season 2 – Netflix 15th
- Doctor Who Season Special – BBC1 25th Dec
- The Tunnel Season 3 – Sky Atlantic 15th Dec
6 episodes, famous faces and directors, and no particular order as each episode is a stand alone, this series promises horror, intrigue, and those technological advancements we’re familiar with in Black Mirror.
I like to think this is what the Star ships of Star Trek are like when the camera doesn’t stay on the main character. The less professional side of exploring strange new worlds. And boldly whispering behind the captains back about his personal life.
- Dark Ascension – 7th December
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle – 20th December
- The Greatest Showman – 26th December
- Bright – Netflix Original 22nd December
- The Foreigner -Netflix Original 15th December
Upcoming for January 2018:
The list for January is a long one, with a number of shows, like Santa Clarita Diet Season 2 and Supernatural Season 13, scheduled for early 2018 but without release dates (or specified months) yet. So, if we do get incredible amounts of snow (more likely to be rain) we will at least have plenty to watch.
On TV for January in the UK:
- Agents of SHIELD – No exact date or time on E4
- McMafia – BBC1 1st Jan
- Lucifer Season 3b -Amazon Prime 2nd Jan
- The Blacklist Season 5 – Sky 1 2nd Jan
- The Good Place Season 2b – Netflix 5th Jan
- Dirk Gently Season 2 – Netflix 5th Jan
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 1b – Netflix 8th Jan
- Vikings Season 4b – History 9th Jan
- Bull Season 2 – Fox 12th Jan
- The Gifted Season 1b – Fox 14th Jan
- Britannia – Sky Atlantic 18th Jan
- Riverdale Season 2b – Netflix 18th Jan
- Black Lightning – Netflix 23rd Jan
Movies for January:
- Molly’s Game – 1st Jan
- Hostiles – 5th Jan
- Insidious: The Last Key – 12th Jan
- The Commuter – 19th Jan
- Downsizing – 24th Jan
- Maze Runner: The Death Cure – 26th Jan
- The Open House – Netflix Original 19th Jan
- Sharknado 5: Global Swarming – Netflix January
Wishing you a very Happy, Prosperous, and Healthy, New year
Horror and Fantasy Author – Also writing as K.T. McQueen. Love Western Horror, cowboy boots, my cactus Collin, & my Demon Cat.
Moths – I hate moths, the way they flutter at your face!